Monday, January 11, 2010

Trinkets



I normally post something for the holidays but was sick this year and my efforts to paint something new proved fruitless.

I'll be at it again soon but right now, here's something I had forgotten about - a quick sketch for a company who said they wanted to do promo Sam & Max PVC figures. It didn't happen and I forgot all about it but now that I see them I want to look into doing something in vinyl like the old Pogo characters that you would get on the soap package. If you waded through my office you'd see that I'm knee-deep in stuff like this. Would be fun to add my own guys to the din of visual noise.

8X10 Digital

--Starchie

7 comments:

Karim said...

Is it just me or do they look younger? Max, especially, looks more innocent; cuter, even.

Starchie Spudnoggen said...

Canvas--
Maybe because these were designed for a smaller scale, they have more of a "baby" look. I was thinking of broad shapes that would be readable when small.

Lois2037 said...

I'm all ready to get those figures! It makes me happy just to think about it.

sethifus said...

I, too, would love to have those figures. Keep us updated!

Charles Santoso said...

will get that figure when it's available too! :D Please make it happen, Steve!

All the best.

MrSeanLane said...

Chocolate foot.

Unkiedev said...

Say Starchie:

What's Sam's favorite treat? clearly he loves his popsicles, his Ice-cream bars and his root beer floats.

I don't think I remember him eating chocolate, which is good. Dogs shouldn't.

Is there any cold treat he can't stand? A frozen Charleston Chew, perhaps? (Yumm!)