Friday, February 26, 2010

Monkey Memory for Sale


The painting sold and very soon I will post what I am using the funds to buy.

I've posted an auction for one of the three comps I did for Monkey Island 2 LeChuck's Revenge. This painting was done to express one of the ideas I would take to final. It was meant to convey the idea and less meant as a finished illustration. I thought a keen Monkey Island fan might find it worth having as a piece of the company's history.

But for me, there's actually something I want to buy on ebay and I always prefer to sell something to help pay for whatever the next uselss item will be. If it all works out I'll share the result here.

7X10 Gouache

--Starchie

13 comments:

Charles Santoso said...

Hi Steve,
It says it only ships to US. Do you ship it internationally? I'm keen to bid. Let me know.

Thanks! :D

-Charles

Yuusou said...

I don't know, it's a lot of money but... man it's unique. I live in Europe, so if the shipping is US only, no chance then.

Starchie Spudnoggen said...

Charles Santoso and AndyBundy --
I may decide to revise the shipping since so many Monkey fans are in Europe. I'll look into if FedEx will work to ship overseas. Stay Tuned.

Charles Santoso said...

very cool! Thank you! :D

Yuusou said...

Now I'm wondering, how expensive this gonna be. But it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

Sai said...

The voodoo doll! :) ttp://tinyurl.com/yz3zmon

Nils Ververs Lübke said...

I'd like to add one more vore for european shipping. Not that I'll be able to afford this item in particular, but I'll have lots of fun and excitement saving up some money for the next (Sam'n'Max related) auction :)

Twinky O'Golly said...

Wow, that's really nice for a concept piece (not that I'm surprised, of course). I would most definitely hang that up in my living room (if I had the money to bid on it). Will definitely keep an eye on future auctions.

Starchie Spudnoggen said...

Charles, AndyBundy, and Nils --
Sorry but I've decided not to ship this item internationally. It 's difficult to research the costs with all the variables and I'm not clear on whether I can insure the painting adequately.

I'm willing to ship insured with signed confirmation to a US contact on your behalf but my responsibility for the item will end once it reaches your contact.
Thanks!

Charles Santoso said...

aww.. that's unfortunate, Steve. :( I'll try find someone to send this item first.. I might still try to bid it if I can.

Thank you :)

Nils Ververs Lübke said...

That's too bad, but quite understandable. Thanks for taking the time to research it :)

Jonathan said...

Ummm...if you have anything cheaper feel free to post! :)

Stephan said...

That looks cool! Good job!