Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Digital PofO


Here's a quick Phantom to get used to my new tablet. I'm not planning to switch over completely since I enjoy the tangible aspect of painting on paper. This device is a great tool for blocking in ideas quickly, testing color palettes and the management of images for publishing, to list a few of the benefits.

I'm not sure if I could get great at doing finished paintings digitally, though I'm not opposed to the idea. I'm hoping this "machine" will clear the way for some new projects.

8X10 Digital

--Starchie

2 comments:

maritzac said...

Once you get used to it you'll probably see it's a lot faster to use. Traditional has its charms, but digital has a lot of advantages!

Jonathan said...

Lookin' good, still keeps your original style too. Speaking of which, I wanted to share my FINALLY finished sleeve that I told you about a few years ago. Kotaku wrote a quick article about it yesterday: http://kotaku.com/5892715/an-enormous-amazing-monkey-island-tattoo Your artwork and characters have made a huge impact on would-be pirates and artists over the years.